What’s so great about WordPress?
With tens of thousands of pre-designed themes and more than 15,000 plugins available, you can use WordPress to design almost any website for a fraction of the price of developing from scratch. And as if this isn’t enough, its open-source format allows WordPress developers to reprogram and customize WordPress to do pretty much anything they want.
For example, take a WordPress e-commerce online shop. In the old days, the options were either to purchase an expensive e-commerce package or to pay a web developer to build one from scratch. Nowadays, WordPress offers a much cheaper alternative. With plenty of WordPress e-commerce plugins available, all you have to do is install the plugin, set it up with the options you require (discounts, stock control etc.) and customize it to reflect your overall website design. And in the unlikely event that it lacks any of the features you need, WordPress developers can reprogram it to add these features. This option simply wasn’t available a few years ago but is now a popular choice for small and medium companies alike.
WordPress – a whole world of opportunities
You can offer so many different types of WordPress products and services. For example, if you don’t want to develop websites or plugins then you can offer WordPress hosting, support or maintenance. If you’re not a coder, try offering affordable WordPress websites using a template-based solution. If you enjoy writing about WordPress development, register with lots of affiliate schemes and earn commission for recommending specific products. (For example, our WordPress plugins affiliate program pays 30% commission.)
When I wrote the original version of this article in 2012, more and more people were starting to realize the true potential of WordPress. That’s why so many people enjoyed the article and shared it on social media. Fast forward to 2017 and the predictions have all come true. WordPress isn’t going anywhere and there’s a world of opportunity to available to WordPress developers. Choose your niche, work hard and I wish you every success!
5 reasons why we still need WordPress developers
- Just because people could teach themselves WordPress doesn’t mean they want to. Lots of people need WordPress experts to develop their website. They might need a low-cost web design service such as our MySimpleSiteand MySimpleStore websites, or a full priced option.
- People get stuck and need help with WordPress.
- Companies who have developed or commissioned a custom web design rather than a theme need it converting to WordPress.
- Lots of clients need WordPress customization – modifying themes to reflect their brand identity, WordPress plugin development, etc.
- Bigger companies need an expert WordPress consultant to integrate WordPress with their existing IT systems and help them get the most out of WordPress.